Afterpay Terms of Service - Australia
- Afterpay allows you to pay for your purchase over 4 equal instalments due every 2 weeks.
- You must be over 18 years old and be the authorised holder of an eligible debit/credit card to apply (see clause 2.4 for eligibility criteria).
- All orders are subject to Afterpay’s approval – for example, if you have any overdue payments, Afterpay will not be available to you. For more information on assessment and checks, see clause 6.2
- As part of our approval process, we may conduct a pre-authorisation on your nominated card, up to an amount of your first instalment - see clause 6.2(f)
- You can make repayments to Afterpay any time BEFORE the due date. Otherwise, Afterpay will automatically try process payments on the scheduled dates from your card. If a payment is not processed on or before the due date, late fees will apply – initial $10 late fee, and a further $7 if the payment remains unpaid 7 days after the due date.
- For each order below $40, a maximum of one $10 late fee may be applied per order.
- For each order of $40 or above, the total of the late fees that may be applied are capped at 25% of the original order value or $68, whichever is less. See Schedule 1.
- If you won’t be able to pay Afterpay on time, please contact them as soon as possible. Please click here for more information regarding Hardship.
- The delivery/quality of goods and all refunds is the responsibility of the retailer where you make the purchase.